The project – La Dama Vini
Cantina La Dama is located in the heart of Valpolicella, one of the most suitable areas for the production of Amarone. This small winery was established in 2009 by the will and passion of Gabriele and Miriam Dalcanale.
In the laborius landscape of the Valpolicella where every corner is vineyard, La Dama stands out for its architecture and colors. Built in the middle of the owned vineyards, the winery welcomes visitors to a two storeys building, plus a basement, composed of two rooms joined by a large arch, a tunnel that opens on one side to the entrance yard and on the other side on a large porch. The tunnel and the porch were designed as a naturally dryer.
Both the tunnel and the porch are equipped with heavy blinds, in winter, when grapes are placed here in piled up baskets to dry, depending on the wind and humidity, the heavy blinds kept open to convey currents or closed to reject the humidity of some winter days.
Gabriele is a winemaker and he manages with passion and skill the entire production cycle from vineyards to bottle.
Corvina, Corvinone, Rondinella, Molinara, Fernanda, Garganega
WINES AND APPELLATIONS
- DOC Amarone della Valpollicella Classico (Rosso) La Dama / Corvina, Corvinone, Rondinella, Molinara
- DOCG Recioto della Valpolicella Classico(Rosso) La Dama / Corvina, Corvinone, Rondinella
- DOC Valpollicella Classico Superiore Cà Besi (Rosso) La Dama / Corvina, Corvinone, Rondinella
- DOC Valpollicella Classico Superiore Ripasso (Rosso) La Dama / Corvina, Corvinone, Rondinella, Molinara
- DOC Valpollicella Classico(Rosso) La Dama / Corvina, Corvinone, Rondinella, Molinara
- IGT ROSATO VERONESE L’Aura (Rosato) La Dama / Rondinella, Molinara
- IGT BIANCO VERONESE Ferruccio (Bianco) La Dama / Fernanda, Garganega
Gabriele Dalcanale, Alberto Pennaccini
COMMERCIAL POINT OF VIEW
La Dama produces all natural, traditional, clean wines. The winery works only owned grapes and operates a careful selection of grapes in the vineyards.
Vineyards are organicaly managed. The ideal commercial partner for La Dama is one who likes to go for small, niche productions. He does not suffer the fascination of “big names” and cares more for quality and consistency of the wines over the years.